Have you wanted to earn your GED or learn English but could not attend class without childcare?
The Central Connecticut Family Literacy Center at YWCA New Britain was created for you! It is the only Adult Education Center in New Britain developed to meet the needs of women and their young children.
- FREE GED and ESL classes for women
- Four components- adult education, childcare, parent education, and play and learn activities for women and children
- Childcare for children 8 weeks and up while their mothers are in class- the ONLY site in New Britain!
- Highly trained and qualified teachers
- Small class size and personal attention
Women enrolled must participate in all four components. To enroll, one must be a mother with at least one child under age 8 and be a resident of New Britain.
Hours are Monday-Thursday, 9:30-1:30 and students must participate 3 days a week. Students who are interested in enrolling must call for an appointment. An entrance exam to determine placement is required and will be scheduled upon enrollment. Schedule is determined when pre-test is completed.
For more information, contact Barbara Heidenis at 860-225-4681 x234 or email@example.com.