Sexual Assault Crisis Services
YWCA New Britain's Sexual Assault Crisis Service (SACS) covers a 46-town region - all of Hartford County, part of Tolland County and the town of Plymouth. We offer assistance to sexual assault survivors and their loved ones. These services are critical after such trauma, helping victims and their families regain feelings of independence, optimism, and hope. The advocates on staff are trained to work with hospital staff, the court system, public safety officers and other counselors assisting their clients.
SACS offers free, confidential service for victims of sexual assault, including:
- 24-hour English and Spanish confidential hotlines with immediate access to trained, certified counselors
- Bilingual and male counselors
- Short-term, individual crisis counseling
- Support groups
- Counseling in school settings. Children may be referred by school faculty or parent/guardian.
- Accompaniment throughout medical, police, and court procedures
- Information and referrals
- Campus advocacy and trainings
- Volunteer opportunities and state certified counselor training