House of Teens
- Fun teen-choice activities
- Access to the fitness facility, individual workout plans, group exercise classes, and pedometer challenges
- Ability to recover health or physical education credits or work toward volunteer hours
- Dance and gymnastics instruction
- Complete your capstone project by helping with advocacy projects about issues important to teens
- Teen talks, team building, cooking, and stress management
- Monthly trips
- Monthly late-night Fridays
If there is anything we know about Chantel Blake, it’s that when she sets her mind to something, she won’t stop until she gets it done.
Chantel was first introduced to YWCA New Britain through our STRIVE afterschool program for middle school girls. When she headed off to high school, she looked for something to do or a place to go after school. She didn’t find many options for teens in New Britain, so she decided to take matters into her own hands. Read more.